利来娱乐w66 www.fcbvj.com.cn The U.S. Travel Association is a dynamic, mission-driven association committed to increasing travel to and within the United States.?
U.S. Travel offers excellent benefits and a friendly, supportive environment where individual contributions are highly valued and the collective goals of 1,200-plus member organizations are advanced. U.S. Travel seeks staff who are committed to creating excellent work and contributing to a positive workplace culture. The office is conveniently located near Metro Center in downtown Washington, D.C.
U.S. Travel is currently hiring.
- Coordinator, Communications
- Intern, Research
- Manager, Industry Communications
- Intern, Communications
This position is responsible for fulfilling administrative functions of the Communications Department and assisting the media and strategic communications team with writing, editing and formatting association messages for distribution across multiple platforms. U.S. Travel Association is a winner of multiple "Best of" awards for its communications practices and the incumbent is responsible for continually advancing these efforts.
- Oversee preparation of U.S. Travel's daily media scan
- Assist credentialing process for IPW media attendees
- Support industry communications and media relations/strategic communications with formatting and distribution of industry and press messages
- Support www.fcbvj.com.cn and other digital properties with maintenance of online content
- Provide general administrative support for department directors and senior vice president, including expense processing, management of calendars and meeting logistics, and other key tasks
- Request and compile time sheets reporting vacation, personal time off and sick leave for all members of Public Affairs team
- Compile, compose and distribute staff newsletter, U.S. Travel Weekly
- Manage contacts included in Public Affairs' group listservs
- Process contracts and invoices related to Communications Department vendors
- Assist with direct media relations outreach, as assigned by senior director of strategic communications (or equivalent)
- Provide primary direction to Communications Department intern
- Teamwork: Demonstrating and promoting a spirit of cooperation within and outside work unit; working together toward a common goal; building good relationships with internal and outside work units; building good relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Communication: Conveying written and oral communications effectively; negotiating and mediating effectively; sharing information; listening attentively and responding appropriately.
- Initiative: Recognizing the need for action; confronting issues and taking appropriate action; pursuing an issue until the problem is solved.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems affecting the work unit or U.S. Travel Association; taking early corrective action to avoid problems; generating new ideas and practical solutions.
- Bachelor's degree is required in Communications, English, Journalism, Political Science or related field, and a minimum of one year professional experience in communications. Knowledge of the travel industry and public affairs a plus.
- Skills desired include: Mastery of Microsoft Office products; Beginner to intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Familiarity with AP Style, HTML, Dropbox and Google Drive.
?To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to [email protected] with "Coordinator, Communications" listed in the subject line.?
High-profile Washington, D.C. trade association seeks a curious, analytical and highly motivated intern to assist in a fast-paced research shop.
The average weekly hours for research intern will be between 20-25 hours.
- Data collection and manipulation for advocacy support, market research and economic studies.
- Research, download and manipulate data from economic and statistical database issued by federal, state and local government agencies, industry associations, universities and other research organizations.
- Assist in background research to understand trends impacting the industry
- Assist in online survey programming and quality assurance
- Research and develop content for monthly newsletters.
- Review and summarize research reports into key findings?
- Provide quality assurance review for economic impact studies, questionnaires and other research reports.
- Knowledge of statistical data/analysis
- Data/research retrieval
- Ability to multi-task and handle high energy projects
- Analytical thought process
- Self-motivation and time management skills
- Clear and succinct communication of research
- Strong writing skills to simply and clearly summarize research and trends
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word software
- Basic knowledge of travel industry
- A background in economics is advantageous but not necessary
- Currently enrolled in a program obtaining MA/MS
?To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to [email protected] with "Intern, Research" listed in the subject line.?
Manager, Industry Communications
This position will serve as support for the Director, Industry Communications for crafting and/or proofing U.S. Travel Association industry-facing communications, including but not limited to executive presentations and emails, fact sheets, research reports and marketing collateral in addition to supporting U.S. Travel signature event and board meeting execution.
The ideal candidate will be a very strong writer and natural collaborator who enjoys proofreading, writing and adhering written products to AP Style. The position is part of the Public Affairs department but supports marketing and communications across the association.
- Serve as U.S. Travel's go-to for copyediting and proofing member-facing and events materials, including but not limited to executive notes, promotional emails, events collateral and research reports.
- Draft materials for use with U.S. Travel membership that communicates the association's advocacy goals, including but not limited to emails and reference materials, such as toolkit resources, talking points and fact sheets.
- Develop and manage messaging, scripts and presentations for executive-level speech materials, included but not limited to talking points and accompanying visual materials.
- Coordinate with marketing team to develop and manage a master deck of talking points and visuals to be used for executive-level presentations, maintaining accuracy and consistency in message and data.
- Support industry communications and marketing teams in streamlining processes across office with regard to speaking engagement management and member communications workflow.
- Help manage on-message scripts and run of shows for U.S. Travel signature events, including but not limited to: Destination Capitol Hill, IPW, U.S. Travel Board of Directors meetings, ESTO, Communications Advisory Committee, and Destination CEO Roundtable.
- Provide on-site support at above events as needed, ensuring most up-to-date scripts and run of show logistics are captured and executed seamlessly.
- Closely monitor email analytics for marketing and industry communications to identify ways to optimize messaging.
- Support the manager, digital communications, with updating www.fcbvj.com.cn—working with internal stakeholders to ensure content is timely and accurate.
- Liaise across departments, including but not limited to broader public affairs team, meetings and events, membership and marketing to ensure cross-office collaboration and consistency with all communications materials.
- Expert project management and attention to detail.
- Mastery of AP Style.
- Understanding of presentation writing and event execution.
- Ability to learn new topics quickly and transform complex information into easily understandable terms.
- A penchant for proof reading.
- Agility to work within tight deadlines, adjust quickly to changes in priorities, and balance short-term deliverables with long-term strategic initiatives.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to craft messages that resonate with a diverse audience.
- Enthusiasm, good humor, a drive to succeed; problem-solver, creative thinker, team player.
- Political or public affairs experience/Capitol Hill savvy is preferred for translating policy matters into relatable communications materials.
- Delivers what is promised with accuracy and efficiency in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Ability to embrace a high-performance/high-productivity environment.
- Holds all projects to high quality standard.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work against tight deadlines.
- Highly communicative; must possess a positive and proactive attitude with ability to take constructive feedback and input from multiple stakeholders.
- Self-initiated with a strong work ethic.
- Shows intellectual curiosity in every task they are asked to perform.
- Bachelor's degree plus three years' experience in the fields of communications and/or public relations. Knowledge and experience within the travel industry a plus.
- Mastery of AP Stylebook; Proficient in HTML; Mastery of Microsoft Office products, especially Word and PowerPoint; Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite; Familiarity with Google Drive, Dropbox and Slack.
?To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to [email protected] with "Manager, Industry Communications" listed in the subject line.?
Intern, Communications (paid)
High-profile Washington, D.C. trade association seeks a personable, creative and highly motivated paid intern to assist in a fast-paced communications shop. Ranked Washington, D.C.'s No. 1 Beltway trade and professional association in the areas of media relations, industry reputation stewardship and bipartisanship (and No. 4 overall), the U.S. Travel Association represents every facet of the $2.4 trillion travel industry.
- Track, format and summarize media coverage.
- Research and assist with building and maintaining media lists.
- Help plan, research and draft copy for media and industry communications.
- Assist with social media outreach.
- Perform general tasks as assigned by media relations and industry communications staff.
- A highly professional demeanor.
- An interest in politics and a basic knowledge of the U.S. news landscape.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Major in public relations, journalism, communications or related field desired.
- Prior experience in a political, hospitality, news or federal policy-related organization a major plus.
- Position hours are Monday-Friday (9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.)
?To apply please submit your cover letter, resume and reference list to [email protected] with "Intern, Communications" listed in the subject line.?